In this podcast episode, I interview Jason Quinn from Sustainable Engineering.
Jason offers an introduction to the Passive House concept (essentially a home that is as cheap as possible to heat). You’ll learn how the science behind this movement can help you make better decisions when buying an existing home, renovating to add warmth, or building new.
- We discuss tips on what to look for when you are buying if you want a warm, healthy home, including low-cost changes that can make a big difference
- Questions to ask the agent / builder when looking at a show home or ‘off-the-plans’ property
- Why, when it comes to the building code, acceptable is very different from optimal
- And much, much more!
I highly recommend taking the time to listen and learn from Jason’s extensive knowledge and experience:
Show notes / links:
- Get the book: https://sustainableengineering.co.nz/ph4nzwarmhealthyhomes/
- Branz report on ventilation systems
- Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery
- EnerPHit – https://sustainableengineering.co.nz/enerphit/
- Join Jason’s Newsletter https://sustainableengineering.co.nz/newsletter/
- Passive House Institute NZ https://passivehouse.nz/
- Slab edge insulation
- Shotover Passive House example (mentioned during podcast)